Sometimes changes to Chrome will cause connection disruptions in TelePharm's live video calls. In these instances, an update usually resolves the disruptions.
To update Chrome manually on your computer:
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar (looks like three horizontal bars, or dots)
- Select "Help"
- From the sub menu, select "About Google Chrome"
- Google will automatically begin searching for Chrome updates. If you see a blue checkmark with "Nearly up-to-date! Relaunch Google Chrome to finish updating." you have an update ready
- Click the "Relaunch" button to apply the update
Future FYI: Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while you might see the Chrome menu in the top right change colors:
To update Chrome on your Chromebase counseling device:
- Tap on the status area where the time is displayed in the lower right corner of your home screen
- Tap on the upward facing arrow, then tap "Restart to update"
If there is no arrow:
- Tap on Settings > About Chrome OS
- Tap on "Check for and apply updates" (any available updates will begin installing)
- Tap "Restart to update"
To update Chrome on your Android counseling device:
- Open the Play Store app by tapping on the icon that looks like this:
- At the top left, tap the Menu button (three horizontal lines)
- Tap My apps & games (Apps with available updates are listed under "Updates")
- Under "Updates" look for Chrome
- If listed, tap it to install the update
Check out our full list of video tutorials, here.